Math 151 (Belmonte): Hot Topics for Fri, 08/Sep/2017
- Today we cover 2.3: Calculating Limits Using the Limit Laws.
- Work on
WebAssign (eHomework) and well as
- Continue to work on MATLAB Assignment A. It is due Fri, 15/Sep.
- NEED HELP? GET IT!
- My office hours are in BLOC 243D on TR, at 8:00-11:00 am.
- Math 151 Week in Review is on Mondays, 6-8 pm, Blocker 166.
- Math 151 Help Sessions are Mon/Tue/Wed, 8-10 pm, Blocker 150.
- EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES: You have the opportunity to
earn 5 extra credit points on your highest exam score. You can
do one or neither of the following two options,
but not both.
- #1: [HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] MATLAB
Extra Credit Assignment involves using piecewise, limit,
and fplot commands to draw curves that exhibit various
properties. These include discontinutites, asymptotes, and intercepts.
- The material you need to know is from Course Examples from sections
2.2-2.6 of Stewart
(excluding 2.4). We'll finish this next Wednesday, 13/Sep.
- Many samples of the MATLAB code needed is included in
MATLAB Solutions for these Course Examples.
- You can work on the MATLAB Extra Credit Assignment anywhere at
any time. It is due by Friday, 20/Oct, and you turn it into your TA.
- #2: [NOT RECOMMENDED]: Game Study (If
you want to burn a LOT of your time and jump through many legal
and political hoops, have at it.)
Please send comments, questions, or suggestions regarding hot topics
to Art Belmonte at
Last updated Fri, 08/Sep/2017, 5:30 am CDT