Mathematics 467, Section 500, Fall 2009
Last updated Wed 9 Sep 15
Announcements (reverse chronological order)
- Dec 20: Final exam key is posted below.
- Dec 16: Final exam and course grades are now in Vista.
Yes, there is a "curve": I gave everybody 25 more points (NOT included
in the course total posted in Vista).
I will try to post at least a partial final exam solution set later this
- Dec 13: Homework, paper, and class participation grades
are now posted in Blackboard
- "Class participation" also includes written team papers and 1/2 point
for each attendance.
- Homework grades will be divided by 2 to get to the announced scale of
- You can pick up your term paper at my office on Monday.
- Dec 9: Procedures for the take-home
part of the final exam ._. and the exam
- Dec 4: Announcement of next
Meeting (Dec 8) (movie)
- Oct 21: Midterm test solutions are posted below.
- Sep 27: No office hour on Monday, Sep 28. (I need to attend a
Ph.D. oral exam.)
- Sep 16: Special procedures for week of Sep 21-25:
Prof. Pitts will handle the class in my absence.
- Monday: No instructor will be present. You should be working in
your teams on the assigned proofs from Chapter 3
- Wednesday and Friday: Dr. Pitts may give a short lecture.
He will be available to help you with any trouble you have encountered in
- Be ready to present your proof in class the next week (starting Sep
- Sep 1: Undergraduate Research
- Aug 30: Announcement of Sep 16 meeting on
How to Find and Compete for Graduate Fellowships
my home page for up-to-date office hours.
Track your grades on Blackboard
Summary of axioms, definitions, and theorems
See last semester's most enthusiastic
Last semester's home page (now with exams
included). Note that the point value of the final exam was larger than
[These were not really intended for public consumption. Diagrams are
missing. Remarks in square brackets are usually stage directions to
Weekly instructions (Homework solutions will be visible
here after the due date.)