Mathematics 467, Sections 500 and 900, Fall 2010
Last updated Tue 15 Feb 2011
Announcements (reverse chronological order)
- Final exam FAQ sheet
- End-of-semester office hours
- Evaluations. There are two kinds of course evaluations:
- the Mathematics Department's regular written form, which you'll fill
out in class on Monday (Dec. 6);
- the SRATE poll, which you're asked to complete on line at
http://pica.tamu.edu before midnight Thursday (Dec. 9).
- The Web page is now (Dec. 3) complete:
Thanks to Daniel and to the five teams whose work went into the solutions.
Let me know if something is not functioning correctly.
- Lecture notes on Chap. 7 are revised.
- All homework solutions from Fall '09 are "turned on".
- Solutions for the four team problems in Weeks 4 and 8 are posted.
- In Week 6 there is a solution of the angle ordering problem
- Results of the poll: Proposition 4.8 (17 votes), 3.9 and 4.10
(9 votes each), 3.8 (6 votes), no other with more than 3 votes. I will
post written versions of as many of these as I can.
- The 9:10 class will not meet on Wednesday, Nov. 24. The 8:00 class
will meet that day, so that we can catch up with the other one.
- My office hour on Thursday, Nov. 19, will be at 2:00, not 3:OO.
Teachers' Circle, Nov. 15
Course handout (regular section)
Course handout (W section)
my home page for up-to-date office hours.
Track your grades on Blackboard
Summary of axioms, definitions, and theorems ._.
Policies about term papers (revised 9/27)
See Spring 2009's most enthusiastic
Fall 2009 home page. Old homework and team
solutions will be turned on after decent intervals.
Spring 2009 home page.
Note that the point value of the final exam was larger that time.
[These were not originally intended for public consumption. Diagrams are
missing. Remarks in square brackets are usually stage directions to