Mathematics 467, Section 900, Spring 2011
Last updated Fri 13 May 2011
Announcements (reverse chronological order)
- Fri. 5/13: All the grades are recorded and reported. The test
curve was more generous than stated below: Everybody got at least 16
points, a few more if the final test score was low. The test with
solutions is posted below.
- Thu. 5/12: Graduating senior grades have been reported. The
other grades will not be available until Friday. There will be a curve on
the final, probably about 12 additional points. Also, everybody will get
8 free points on the homework to raise the total to 80.
Club meeting, April 25
- No office hour Wednesday, 4/20 because of an important
Also, I may be late on Monday, 4/18.
- I will be unable to meet my office hour on Thursday, 4/14,
because of a graduate oral exam. Also, I may be late on Monday,
- No office hour Wednesday, 4/6 because of an important
- Thu. 2/24: This page has been updated in preparation for the
- Notes (sketchy) for Chapter 3 are installed.
- Homework solutions (Fall '09) up through the third assignment are
- Team solutions (Fall '09 and Fall '10) for Ch. 3 are turned on
(insofar as they exist).
- My proof of Prop. 3.13 (Spring '09) has been updated and turned on.
- Also please read the following announcement:
- Meeting for (present and potential)
math double majors and math minors, Wed. March 2, 6:00 p.m.,
Blocker 164 (FREE PIZZA!)
- Tue. 2/15: A message from the university administration:
If you are a first year student or senior, you should have received an
email invitation from President R. Bowen Loftin '71 to participate in the
National Survey on Student Engagement. This survey helps us shape how we
teach and nurture learning at Texas A&M University. It takes about 20
minutes to fill out and can impact our campus greatly. If you have done
already, THANK YOU. If not, then we hope you will take the time to do this
in the upcoming weeks.
- Mon. 2/14: No office hour today. (I have a "vile contagion".)
- (1/23) My office hour on Wednesdays will start at 4:00 (not 2:00).
Course handout (W version)
For information only, here is the handout for the regular section
(if we had one).
my home page for up-to-date office hours.
Track your grades on Blackboard
Summary of axioms, definitions, and theorems ._.
Review exercises for Chapter 2 (a
correction to the textbook)
Policies about term papers ._._.
Guidelines for authors
Proof of Proposition 3.13
See Spring 2009's most enthusiastic
Fall 2010 home page. Old homework and team
solutions will be turned on after decent intervals.
Fall 2009 home page.
Spring 2009 home page.
Note that the point value of the final exam was larger that time.
MacTutor History of
Mathematics Archive (University of St. Andrews)
Course materials will become available at links below as the course
develops. Analogues from previous semesters are visible on the old home
[These were not originally intended for public consumption. Diagrams are
missing. Remarks in square brackets are usually stage directions to