Mathematics 302, Sec. 504, Fall, 2004
- Dec. 16: Grades are posted! The median on the final was 131
(and some scores were VERY low). Curve: Add 20 points. (Also add
another 5 points to Test C, as previously hinted.)
Final stats: 7 A. 7 B, 7 C, 3 D, 2 F, 1 Q.
- Dec. 15: The final exam key is now available at the proper
The homework "total" now entered in WebCT is based on
your best 10 assignments out of 12; median = 89. This number will be
multiplied by 1.5
to get a homework grade on the scale of 150.
The class participation score in WebCT is based on my class records plus
half a point for each time you signed the attendance sheet; median = 24.
I will add 16
to this number to get a grade on the scale of 50.
- Dec. 4: Free math! Free food!
Most recent Math Club announcement (movie)
- Nov. 29: Supercomputing
- Nov. 22:The homework assignment page is now complete!
- Nov. 20: No office hour next Tuesday (Nov. 23).
- Oct. 31: Tuesday (Nov. 2) office hour will start late
(4:00 p.m. or slightly later).
- Oct. 24: Test Key B is now available at the proper place below.
- Oct. 18: I have your graded homework from last week.
If you want to see it before the test, you can get it during my office
hour (Tuesday 3-4) or any other time I'm in the office
(likely Tues 1-11:30, Tues 1:30-3, Wed 10:20-11:10).
- Oct. 18: Please bring your textbook to the test on
There will be an open-book problem.
- Oct. 4: I will miss the 3:00 office hour tomorrow (Tuesday).
I expect to be in my office from 4:00 (or a bit later) to 5:00.
- Sept. 17: Information on how to get a
in mathematics, or even a double major. Most engineering and
science majors can qualify easily.
- Sept. 13: The test on Wednesday, Sept. 22, will cover
Sections 1.1 through 1.7.
On the tests from previous semesters, relevant questions may appear on
either Test A or Test B (or the final exam).
- Instructions for using
WebCT Vista to check your homework
and test grades.
- Homework assignments
- Course handout
- Please see
my home page for up-to-date office hours.
- Fall 2002 course page
including exams with solutions (and link to an even older page).
- Lecture notes (fragmentary and sometimes obsolescent)
- Test solutions
Go to home pages:
Math Dept ._._.
Last updated Thu 16 Dec 04